Automation Engineer – McQueeney, TX
Georgia-Pacific’s Gypsum division is seeking an Automation Engineer to work in McQueeney, TX.The ideal candidate will be able to design, deploy, and optimize high value initiatives within this Gypsum business. This individual will be responsible for interacting with other Engineering disciplines, Corporate capabilities, as well as Plant operations to develop initiatives that deliver long term value and advance the business to best in industry standards.
Located outside the San Antonio metropolitan area, McQueeney, TX offers outdoor and regional activities.The San Antonio-New Braunfels area has many attractions including historical sites, The River Walk along the San Antonio River and access to several water features.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leads, develops and supports the implementation of transformation strategies in Automation and Digital Process Optimization (DPO)
- Drives the execution of the automation and digital process optimization (DPO) portfolio developed in conjunction with the business and in alignment with the Division long-term reliability strategy
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with corporate resources in Automation/DPO, operations and various other capabilities
- Strong project management skills, problem solving, sense of urgency, customer focus, and team building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present to senior leadership; planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Capable of managing individual projects
- Ability to develop transformation strategies and action plans based on robust analysis of opportunities and challenges
- Work with SMEs in the business to help advance Automation and DPO initiatives and projects
- Ability to collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
The Experience You Will Bring
- Electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering or other technical related degree
- Three (3) or more years of engineering experience within a manufacturing, industrial, production or military environment
- One (1) or more years of experience leading projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years engineering experience within a manufacturing industrial, production or military environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering or other technical related degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf