Principal Process Engineer
Koch Agriculture & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is looking for a Principal Process Engineer to join our Operations Excellence team in the corporate office in Wichita, KS. The Operations Excellence team provides the technical capabilities and consultative support to our clients in ammonia, UREA or methanol plants located in Louisiana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Texas and Manitoba, Canada.
The Principal Process Engineer will be the subject matter expert for these plants and will specialize in Ammonia. This person will support 6 plant location responsible for the production of thousands of tons of ammonia per day. The successful candidate will support the safe operation of the company’s fleet of fertilizer plants with an emphasis on improving operational reliability, Q1 product throughput, and energy and raw material efficiency. The key focus for the organization is to develop and sustain capability in the fleet, which requires building strong working relationships to lead the profitable application of best practice to optimize operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with plants to optimize operations in Ammonia, Urea, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production facilities, ensuring integration of known best operating practices and principles
- Partner with process control resources in Wichita and at plants to leverage and implement strategies to better control and optimize process capability within constraints
- Assist plants in troubleshooting performance gaps, upsets, or process safety incidents on an as needed basis, focusing on profitable application of best practices in our fleet and the industry
- Lead problem solving teams seeking to improve performance and capability at a given plant site or across the entire fleet
- Develop knowledge and capability across the fleet through mentoring and leading plant personnel
- Main point of contact for Process Engineering questions across the plants
- Identify, design, and implement cost-saving opportunities
- Build relationships with internal partners and clients at the plants
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in the fertilizer (Ammonia, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea) or related industries (Methanol, SynGas, etc.)
- Expertise with Process Control Systems
- Experience troubleshooting high pressure process equipment including: turbomachinery, burner systems, furnaces, pumps, control valves, instrumentation
- Experience performing statistical process control
- Experience with tools for root cause analysis determination: cause map, fault tree, tap root, etc.
- Experience with process safety information: P&ID's, PFD's, C&E's
- Process Hazard analysis (including LOPA) experience
- Experience with Relief and Safety Instrumented System (SIS) design and operation fundamentals
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf