Senior Environmental Engineer
The Foley Cellulose Mill is seeking a talented Senior Environmental Engineer. The individual selected will provide environmental leadership and strategic direction for environmental programs at the Foley Cellulose Mill through the application of Market Based Management® (MBM®) and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles. The person in this position will create real value for the organization by ensuring that environmental risks are identified and mitigated and by developing environmental strategies that are consistent with company/division environmental visions and strategies. Additionally, this person will drive environmental excellence and performance improvement through real culture change, by developing/utilizing effective, sustainable environmental management systems and by ensuring that facility leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage environmental responsibilities. This position would currently report to the facility Environmental Manager but has the potential to develop into the future manager role. The ideal candidate must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the mill’s compliance performance for assigned programs.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance obligations are fulfilled.
- Apply subject matter expertise and excellent communication skills to independently and objectively help the “on shift” operations teams meet environmental compliance requirements.
- Lead permitting activities
- Maintain strong working relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Analyze data and evaluate current performance and trends.
- Responsible for environmental management systems for assigned programs.
- Ensure a robust Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place consistent with GP expectations.
- Plan and lead self-assessments to identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Systematically drive mill environmental program to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based).
- Responsible for continually leading the mill towards environmental excellence.
- Develop and own an evergreen point of view of the mill’s environmental risks, priorities, and key issues. Develop and implement improvement plans to advance the mill’s environmental position.
- Ensure systems (tools/methods) to assess facility compliance status are implemented, tracked, and modified as necessary.
- Proactively increase knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements affecting mill operations.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and how they affect compliance.
- Lead effective environmental incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Develop corrective and preventative actions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. Degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Pulp & Paper
- Experience leading people or projects
- At least 5 years of environmental compliance and management systems experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience in leading environmental program in a large manufacturing environment
- Experience with developing and improving management systems
- Experience with improving performance
- Pulp and paper process and regulatory knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf