Koch Knight is now hiring for a QA Lab Technician in its East Canton manufacturing plant. The role performs daily routine and non-routine quality conformance testing of finished production lot samples based on established Inspection and Test Plans (ITP). The QA Lab Technician evaluates production sample test results against product-specific ITP requirements. The Technician records and retains all QA Lab test data in electronic data base files and completes Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) on all production lots with test results outside the ITP specifications. The Technician actively contributes to the continual improvement initiatives of the Koch Knight Quality Management System (QMS).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complying with all QA Lab safety procedures as defined by process-specific Job Hazard Analyses
- Operating QA Lab testing equipment in accordance with Work Instructions and Control Plans
- Documenting all production sample test data in Excel data base files
- Maintaining test result integrity of QA Lab equipment and measurement devices by accomplishing periodic calibration routines
- Processing all production sample testing to facilitate plant throughput and customer on time deliveries
- Identifying and recording all production samples, product ITP specification nonconformities via NCR
- Communicating production lot NCR nonconformities to QA and Plant Operations Management
- Participating in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings to review, analyze, and disposition product nonconformities
- Updating and revising QA Lab Work Instructions and Control Plans within the ISO 9001:2015 compliant QMS
- Contributing to multi-functional Team Oriented Problem-Solving initiatives within the Plant Operations group
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate's Degree in Applied Science
- Experience with material measurement system devices
- Experience managing data in Microsoft Office 365 products
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry
- Background in the Ceramics Industry
- Manufacturing operation QA experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Completion of OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour training
- ASQ Quality Certification
- Chemical formulations testing experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf