Process Engineer (Mass Transfer)
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Mass Transfer process engineer will directly support the sales team in the generation of proposal for potential Mass Transfer opportunities. This includes the design, estimation and technical write-up of the proposal. On a daily basis, the process engineer will manage work load consisting of number of active proposals at different stages in the proposal process. To provide support primarily for new/revamp opportunities, but also to provide assistance to others to manage replacement activities. Process Engineer will also interact with customers on a technical basis in support of the proposed design; including potential troubleshooting and knowledge sharing with the customer.
The candidate should be self sufficient in the process design and already familiar of Mass Transfer systems, estimation tools, design tools and standards, etc. Ideally would be great to have experience in refinery, chemical, and petrochemical applications.
Although the majority of the role will be focused on tower and supporting proposal generation (including estimation). This role will need to travel periodically to see customers for technical queries and potential technology training.
The individual will need to be a strong independent learning and self-motivator with a long term focus and vision within Koch-Glitsch. The candidate will eb supported by the global team and will have access to mentors and technology experts for coaching and/or training as needed.
The candidate will also be expected to leverage their existing knowledge to help mentor existing and future process engineers to shorten the learning curve regarding Koch-Glitsch design practices.
The Experience You Will Bring
Work Experience/Skills Required
• Commitment to Compliance & Safety
• 5+ years experience in related position
• Prior knowledge and/or design experience of Mass Transfer equipment design OR previous
experience with plant operations in chemical process industries
• Strong problem solving aptitude with good economic and decision making skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to understand technical equipment drawings
• Ability to manage and prioritize deliverables of concurrent projects
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
• Ability to identify and understand potential project drivers to tailor technical solutions and
• Ability to learn across different methods (e.g. mentor/mentee, classroom, independent learning, on
the job experiences, etc.)
• Attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency
• MS Office proficiency (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
• Fluent (speak, read & write) in English. Other languages are beneficial as well.
Education / Certification Required
BS Chemical Engineering