Flint Hills Resources is currently seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to join our team in Fairmont, NE. In this role, you will apply your technical skills and troubleshooting ability to ensure a safe and reliable production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Repair or replace parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring
- Ensure that all work performed is completed by following all local and national electrical codes including 4160v, 480V, 220V, 110V, 24V DS, and 4-20 mA loops and circuits
- Preventative and proactive electrical tasks and compliance procedures
- Assist with emergency and scheduled shutdowns while performing regular mechanical duties as directed is required
- Inform management of any instrument/electrical parts needed and assist with maintaining the required instrument/electronic/electrical parts inventories
- Assist in developing, training and reviewing all pertinent instrument/electrical programs and procedures including Arc Flash Hazards and electrical integrity
- Maintain licensing by attending state required code classes
- Support efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Complete work orders and document the time, tasks and parts/supplies needed to complete the project
- Maintain updated documentation as required
This role is subject to pre-employment physical abilities test
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to push up to 90lbs
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to climb up to 200ft
- Ability to grip up to 100lbs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years’ of experience as a multi-craft maintenance technician in an industrial manufacturing environment OR 2 year technical degree from accredited technical school
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to install industrial electrical equipment, read technical work orders, drawings and schematics
- Ability to calibration, configuration, and repair of measurement/control instruments for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and pH including associated valves and valve actuators.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid and current government issued driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work an on-call rotating schedule
What Will Put You Ahead
- PLC/DCS I/O troubleshooting experience
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (electrical instrumentation) or Automated Technology of Industrial Instrumentation or ISA certified (CCST) or two years of study in an accredited college in a Technical Field.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf