Production Associates - Bradford, Pa
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. Our products are part of everyday life. While they fill a diverse range of home commercial and industrial needs, they have one thing in common: they're all made to high standards of quality and safety. Sustainability comes naturally to people at Georgia-Pacific. Not only do our products help improve people’s lives, but we also operate in ways that enhance the quality of life in our communities, help ensure the economic stability of our company and help protect our environmental resources.
The Georgia-Pacific plant in Bradford, PA is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operators-in-Training. Candidates selected for this role will have the unique opportunity to train with our experienced machine operators and learn our process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. After training, the sky is the limit! Successful trainees have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles on our many different pieces of equipment!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- A Team Player – Our equipment is complex and highly-technical – You can’t do it alone! Our employees collaborate every day to produce quality product, overcome challenges, and implement improvements
- Safety-Obsessed – GP employees are expected to place protection of health and safety and the environment first, no matter how urgent the job
- Ready to Grow – Our Operators in Training are the future leaders of our plant. The right candidate will have a desire to learn and advance in our organization
- You will be expected to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Tasks such lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- You will be expected to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf