Production Supervisor – Olympia, WA
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a highly skilled Production Supervisor for our corrugated box facility in Olympia, Washington. GP is one of the nation's leading corrugated box manufacturers. This facility utilizes a Corrugator and has an array of modern finishing equipment, including Flexos and Die Cutters to provide a wide range of corrugated packaging solutions. We manufacture corrugated sheets and then cut, print and fold these sheets to produce corrugated boxes and trays for our various customers.
Sign-On Bonus: position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
If you've ever dreamed of living in the Pacific Northwest, there's a good chance Olympia WA, is the perfect place for you. With a prime location on the southern tip of the Puget Sound, the state's capital city is ideal for those who enjoy water recreation (boating and fishing, as well as hiking, biking and other outdoor adventures. In addition, Olympia has a thriving arts scene and excellent schools. If professional sports are of interest, the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners stadiums are within 1.5 hours driving time.
The Production Supervisor will lead a team and contribute to a successful plant operation, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence and quality. Will also possess strong interpersonal communication and technical skills as well as being capable of leading transformation initiatives. This position provides opportunities for promotion both in Olympia as well as many other Georgia-Pacific and Koch facilities across the country. Come join our team!
To find out more about our Packaging facilities, please go to www.gppackaging.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental and quality.
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production and problem solving.
- Leading improvements in Safety, quality, service, and operations.
- Ongoing focus on reducing downtime and waste; ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste.
- Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of the team.
- Addressing key issues and concerns; interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
- Exemplify and drive Market Based Management® (MBM®) culture.
- Ensure quality standards are met on a continuous basis.
- Engaging in continuous improvement opportunities and providing leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Leading plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
- Partnering with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are maintained to specifications.
- Plan, assign, and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results daily.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Experience motivating and developing a team of employees to continuously improve individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging/containerboard industry on a corrugator OR in a converting operation
- One (1) or more year in a supervisory or other leadership role within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Experience working with KIWI application
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf