Looking for a job with an organization that truly cares about your health, safety and success? How about a job where you have opportunity for advancement, variable pay for performance, job stability and great co-workers and leadership?
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Fort Dodge, IA Gypsum facility is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright. The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment.
Our Plant has operated continuously in Fort Dodge for over 50 years and is a preferred supplier in our market with current and future capital investments that are planned to keep our operation viable and profitable for decades to come. Members of our Maintenance team work for an industry leader with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and an operation with a record of longevity and success.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working as a part of a highly functioning team to ensure timely completion of all maintenance tasks and minimize equipment down time
- Working with an invested operations team to troubleshoot all mechanical problems
- Develop new skills with the support of experienced and engaged leaders
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Accurately using measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators
- Welding on as-needed basis
- Ability to work a rotating shift
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What You Will Need:
- One (1) year of industrial or military maintenance experience OR a 2-year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Engineering Associate
- Experience with industrial maintenance practices and policies
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working as part of a team to problem solve
- Experience working with conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience with Preventive, Predictive, and Proactive maintenance
- Experience using precision maintenance tools such as laser alignment tools
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf