Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician at our Lovell, WY facility. We are looking for a highly skilled individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who have a thorough understanding of safe work practices. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance, leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet its production and quality goals.
Must be willing and able to work rotating twelve (12) hour shifts to include weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mobile equipment and industrial machinery while performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Performing periodic preventative maintenance activities, including lubricating, changing fluids and filters on mobile equipment for improved reliability and uptimeInstalling and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
- Application of simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of industrial experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- At least 1 year of experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on motors (diesel & gasoline), gearboxes, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyors, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- At least 1 year of experience with the precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Experience working with heavy equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders, backhoes, etc.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
- At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience, e.g., mechanic, millwright, pipefitter, and/or welder, in an industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf