PLAYBOOK IMPLEMENTATION LEADER
Playbook Implementation Leader – Wauna, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Playbook Implementation Leader to support the tissue operation located in Wauna, OR. This individual will have responsibly for managing our organizational manufacturing improvement initiatives to support and lead effective change throughout our facility.
The Playbook Implementation Leader will utilize leadership, operations experience and communication abilities to identify and convert change improvement opportunities related to people, process, and systems. The ideal candidate will have great communication and leadership skills, strong mindset for process improvement, be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Wauna is located on the Columbia River and is centrally located near the beach and mountains with several forms of outdoor recreational activities. Wauna is within an hour drive to Portland, OR offering regional attractions and forms of entertainment.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles; humility, cooperation, entrepreneurship, enthusiasm.
- Mentor & support Product System Leaders with daily manufacturing improvement efforts.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers & subordinates.
- Work closely with employees to assess the state of our manufacturing improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate, coach, and teach operational optimization concepts, methods, & tools.
- Provide feedback to the Facility leadership team on manufacturing process gaps & results.
- Manage manufacturing improvement plan on-boarding process with new employees.
- Advancing our operational best-practices tools & Methods
- Sustaining our critical management systems components
- Maintaining our organizational design principles, processes, & tools
- Driving sustainability of our manufacturing improvement plan
- Verifies that KPI measures and indicators are in place
- Validate the standard approach for work systems, standard work matrix, & capability development.
- Provide organizational guidance & tips for success
- Facilitate tools & templates that enable manufacturing improvements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of experience in management, project management, consulting, or similar industrial work.
- A minimum of (1) one year of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of experience in management, project management, consulting, or similar industrial work.
- Experience with successful application of effective change management methods when dealing with large scale manufacturing projects or initiatives.
- Facilitation of systems implementation across multiple organizations.
- Experience with any organizational manufacturing improvement initiatives
- Experience working in a Senior Mill Leadership or large scale/large mill manufacturing senior level leadership capacity.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf