Develop and manage products to achieve sustainable revenue/margin growth and best return of investments.
What You Will Do In Your Role
What you will do in your role :
- Develop and implement strategic product business plan targeting market, industries, and customers targets.
- Identify product line trends and technologies and leads long term product planning.
- Improve profit of assigned product line(s). Leads cost reduction activities, new technologies and quality improvements.
- Track capacity and drive capital investments supporting forecasted demand.
- Review and approve price requests, maintain price system and elaborates price strategies for assigned product lines. Take part in global negotiations with key customers.
- Manages new product development activity associated extending and growing the life of assigned product line. Create buy in, drive and work closely with new product development and market penetration team
- Optimise the use of engineering and financial resources for the best returns of investment.
- Identifies opportunities to establish and develop industry partner relationships.
- Develop product promotion and commercialisation plans including sales tools, literature, training and sampling
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Manage any other products or related duties as assigned by management
This position supports the Enterprise group products within DSS’s CSBU with global reach.
The Experience You Will Bring
REQUIRED: •Bachelor of Engineering or Science or relevant tertiary education.
PREFERRED: •Engineering/Science major with Business minor.
•>5 years of relevant experience in product management in electronic industry.
•With Sales/Marketing and/or engineering development experience in high data-rate application industries.
What Will Put You Ahead
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Organized and forward thinking
- Proactive and goal oriented with a high level of initiative
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Good business acumen and comfortable with decision making
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Effective written and communication skills, ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely
Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts
Proven track record in using principled entrepreneurship to expand product reach within the market
- SAP experience.
- Experience in negotiating and working with electronics market OEMs and Contract manufacturers (CMs).