Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite located in Killdeer, ND has an opening for an Ironworker.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for an Ironworker include:
- Assemble and secure structural supports according to specifications
- Practical knowledge of structural steel assembly and installation
- Use of tools to adjust and fasten steel beams
- Lifting and moving heavy equipment and materials using mechanical equipment
- Attaching loads using chains, slings, cables, hooks, and other related equipment
- Able to manually handle and securely apply rigging equipment
- Attach and detach loads effectively
- Able to effectively communicate with the rigging team (other riggers and crane operator)
- Must be familiar with the standard crane hand signals
- Must be able to assess weights of loads and equipment needed to lift safely
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being an ironworker include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1.5 years of experience as an ironworker
- Must follow company safety procedures and industry known best work practices
- Must be able to wear an approved full body harness and lanyard to work on highly elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes
- Knowledgeable of crane signals (hand and verbal).
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week when needed by project schedule demands
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to communicate in English
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
- NCCER Ironworker certification
- 3+ years previous experience as an ironworker
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdfJob-specific intro paragraph