Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2022. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture.
Georgia Pacific is looking for E&I Technicians for our new facility. These positions are eligible for relocation benefits and will offer a competitive salary with a $5,000 sign-on bonus. Once it is operational, the new plant will employ approximately 175 full-time employees, so come be a part of our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THE ROLE
- Work with operating technicians, mechanics, engineers and other team members to improve reliability and performance of mill equipment
- Install equipment at the component level while adhering to all state and plant codes, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals and manufacturers specifications. Equipment includes but is not limited to: motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems and production machines
- Operate hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools and testing instruments for repairs and calibration
- Maintain and improve the reliability of all plant equipment through the use of the MP2 work order system and repair records
- Respond to plant electrical and maintenance issues
- Share knowledge with other technicians regarding maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
- Work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Three (3) years of electrical and/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment; or two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
- Experience working with computers for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Strong troubleshooting skills using PLC’s
- Experience in working with & troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480V, 3 Phase and lower voltages
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical instrumentation
- Willing and able to be training in the use of PLC programming and software
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
- Five (5) years or more of industrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
- Experience working with PLC’s, RSLogix5000, RSLinx and Siemens S7
- Experience working with variable frequency drives and servo drives
- Experience in the electrical and/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with pneumatic systems
- Experience with systems integration i.e.: PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking, Communication and Power Distribution
- Experience reading technical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf