Flint Hills Resources is currently building our process engineering capability and are looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our team at our Northeast Iowa Bio-refineries Team. In this role you will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing biofuels business and help develop our engineering capability. This role will be part of a highly talented engineering and operations team. The successful candidate will be developed to become responsible for multiple operating units. Including a plant with an advanced protein separation unit. The entire business is focused on innovation and upgrading our coproducts. There is flexibility on the plant that the individual will office out of.
Success in the role could lead to future leadership opportunities in the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Have an active role in process optimization by developing fermentation, distillation and fired equipment process plans.
- Responsible for the initiation and development of chemical/additive trials and capital project to improve the baseline performance of the facility
- Responsible for the execution of trails designed for the plant
- Provide mentorship in the development of junior engineers
- Responsible for providing engineering support into the site's PSM execution (MOC Process, PSSR, PSI, PHA, MI, etc.)
- Develop and review Key Process Indicators to ensure plant is operating efficiently
- Key member of the site leadership team
- Travel to other sites approximately 10%
- Physical ability to work on and around industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders to 200 feet; and ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Computer competency in standard business software (MS Office Suite) and ability to learn technical software, demonstrated by knowledge of engineering software relative to their engineering field (examples of Solid Works, Aspen, MatLab, Mathematica, Pi Process Book)
- Current Drivers License
- Ability to respond to plant upsets outside normal business hours
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Previous supervisory experience
- Military leadership experience
- Fermentation process experience
- Distillation experience1+ year of experience in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
- Working Knowledge of Pi Processbook, Aspen
This role is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf