Human Resources Leader
At Koch Industries, we offer opportunities for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world, responsibilities and rewards based on contributions, and competitive Pay and Benefits. Koch companies employ more 130,000 people across 70 countries, and include companies such as Flint Hills Resources, Georgia-Pacific, Molex, INVISTA and Guardian Industries.
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Human Resource Leader for our 1000+ employee site located at the Pine Bend Refinery in Rosemount, MN. This is a role with growth opportunity within FHR or other Koch Companies. The Human Resources Leader will collaborate with business leaders to bring critical thought leadership and perspective on human resources labor strategy, leadership development, strategic workforce planning/talent management, team and organization effectiveness, and change management. You are accountable for translating business strategies and challenges into human capital strategies and human resources needs. As an HR Business Leader, you must be an effective champion of change to advance organizational goals and key strategic initiatives. You will independently tackle complex issues in a fast paced, matrixed organization.
This role will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership in the following areas: payroll, employee relations, talent management, performance management, organizational development, and compensation. We are looking for someone that is eager to evaluate all processes and determine where improvements need to be made and create ways to implement change across the organization. You must be able to utilize core skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, influencing and facilitation to implement HR initiatives and effect organizational change.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Build strategic partnerships with leaders on business issues and identify proactive, innovative, and customer-oriented HR solutions that drive value added business outcomes.
- Works with supervisors, senior level executives and local senior management advising management on issues regarding employee relations.
- Direct supervisor for 3 Payroll Processors and 1 HR Coordinator.
- Facilitates resolution of disputes, employee issues and concerns and conducts investigations.
- Oversees payroll and other HR work processes.
- Works collaboratively to ensure consistent application and interpretation of pay, policies, contracts, and strategies
- Guide, coach, and influence business leaders on making talent decisions that align comparative advantage, and drive strategy execution and business performance.
- Lead organizational change initiatives and implement leadership development, talent/performance management, career path and succession planning.
- Provide strategic partnership to build change capability in the business.
- Develop and implement HR metrics to assess the overall human and organization health of the business to influence decisions and deliver meaningful insights.
- Understand and apply our Market Based Management® philosophy through employee engagement and leadership development.
- Lead and participate in other cross-functional projects as needed to improve HR processes, policies and systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 7 years of progressive human resource experience.
- Must possess strong technical competencies of employment law and practices.
- Must be self-directed, organized, and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent judgment and sensitivity in handling confidential matters.
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues, and align people, process, and structure to support these innovations
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years’ experience in human resources
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Experience working with a Union represented work force.
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology where appropriate.
- Utilizing data analytics to drive decisions and monitor performance.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated capability of leading organizational change efforts.
- Organization design and development experience, including strong change management, for a complex and transforming business organization.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf