Mechanical Engineer - Oil & Gas
Person can sit Uxbridge, Canada or Tulsa, Wichita or Houston.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. JZHC is part of Koch Engineered Solutions, which is owned by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in the United States. Our vision is to become the preferred partner delivering superior value by developing, integrating, and applying innovative technical and service solutions for industrial value chains. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to come join our team.
The Mechanical Engineer will oversee projects in the Power and Process markets including oil and gas processing equipment, full steam solutions, burner systems and vapor control systems. Typical project scope will include water heaters, glycol dehydration units, boilers, burners, combustion stacks, vapor recovery systems, fuel and valve skids with associated instrumentation and control panels.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with a cross functional engineering team to design and write specifications for rotating equipment used in power generation and petrochemical plants
- Design and perform measurements on pipelines and piping systems
- Work with the engineering team to ensure specification compliance in the areas of design, system performance, and delivery criteria
- Effectively communicate changes to ensure all groups are aligned per latest scope by establishing clear objectives and project deliverables
- Work with vendors for specifications on equipment and ensure they are meeting design requirements
- Interface with Project Manager to align project execution and timeline is accurately entered into the scheduling tool
- Consistently manage and meet project schedule requirements, including updates of project milestones
- Challenge internal work for cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for reviewing client specifications and JZHC process packages
- Facilitate resolution of technical issues with disciplines for assigned projects
- Ensure project compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, client specifications and as-sold scope of supply (ISO, API, B31.1, B31.3, NFPA, ASME)
- Select and integrate equipment for all major project deliverables that include; either internal or buyout mechanical, rotating equipment or components
- Perform hydraulic design sizing of non-proprietary and utility piping systems
- Execute projects in accordance with best practice operating procedures and standard processes.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge and project life cycle of the product (manufacturing, trial fit, installation, start-up, and maintenance) to improve positive project results
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related engineering discipline
- Experience working in Power Generation or Petrochemicals
- Experience working with products used for oil and gas processing i.e. Equipment: full steam solutions, burner systems, vapor control systems, dehydration units, thermal oxidizers, and flare systems
- Hands on experience performing design of piping systems
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software
- Experience with engineering and design, fabrication, and start-up activities for products
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding Canadian codes
- Experience working with high specification EPC companies and reputed oil and gas industry customers
- Experience working directly with international customers and vendors
- FE (EIT) or PE
- Masters in Engineering discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf