Are you an enthusiastic team player with manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Kilns Operator for our state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, GA, and we would like to hear from you!
These highly skilled operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality that our Warrenton mill is known for. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality. Kiln Operators work a twelve hour rotating shift that could include, days, nights, weekends, and overtime. This position also offers many opportunities for advancement and career growth.
All interested applicants must demonstrate a pattern of safe behavior, good attendance, good disciplinary record, initiative, effective communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Knowing all safety procedures and lockout specifics on the Kilns, including startup, shut down, and critical alarms.
- Knowledge and understanding of the kiln alarm system and be able to react appropriately.
- Using a computer to control burners and kilns safely while properly drying a quality product.
- Ensuring work area is neat and organized.
- Using MOE system to enter work orders for machine center.
- Troubleshooting complex problems within the machine center.
- Conducting moisture readings throughout shift.
- Making critical decisions around burner operations and effective drying processes.
- Performing all PM’s and correct issues with precision and accuracy on machine center.
- Potentially work additional days or stay late on maintenance days when needed with no notice to perform tasks at machine center.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience operating a dry kiln either burner or boiler
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience operating a forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf