Health & Safety Manager
Koch Methanol, LLC is currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and strategic direction for its methanol production facility in St. James, Louisiana. This is an exciting opportunity to help establish Health and Safety capabilities and culture for its newly constructed methanol production facility. This role will manage a direct report(s) and will report to the EHS Leader. The Health and Safety Manager will provide leadership and direction in achieving our H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership. The manager will work to build partnerships with front-line leadership and the operations workforce to improve overall health, safety, and risk management. The role will work directly with the leadership team to identify risk reduction opportunities that are aligned with the company’s vision.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading to achieve the H&S vision by establishing and executing strategies through management commitment and employee ownership & accountability
- Facilitating H&S ownership and accountability by the front-line organization by establishing clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- Building employee relationships and advancing HS knowledge and hazard mitigation through coaching, mentoring, training, and employee engagement/empowerment
- Driving H&S excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems
- Developing strategies for emerging facility needs and initiatives, especially those related to risk reduction with asset strategies and process safety ventures
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA requirements for safety & health, including training
- Applying Human & Organization Performance (HOP) concepts so the facility becomes a robust learning environment where knowledge sharing occurs in an expedited manner
- Communicating with business unit health and safety and other personnel to assure alignment with business vision, strategy, and programs
- Enhancing the site capabilities in critical hazard program management, including hazardous energy control; fall protection, mobile equipment, and pedestrian interactions; cranes and rigging, work permitting; emergency preparedness; etc.
- Establish and maintain Emergency Response Capabilities (Fire Brigade, HAZMAT, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in a health and safety role in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in an Environmental, Health & Safety or engineering program
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Knowledge of Human & Organizational Performance (HOP) concepts and methods
- Supervisory experience
- Emergency Response Team experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship