Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Manager for our new lumber mill in Albany, GA. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading and supporting reliability in area of ownership. You will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment, options to improve maintenance and operating practices, and opportunities to advance use of technology. You will be responsible for managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and maintain effective relationship with Operations to ensure that all are working towards the same vision and goal.
- Provide direction to team to successfully execute the work flow process
- Create a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvement at the craftsman level
- Direct the supervision of all plant maintenance functions involving equipment, buildings, systems and grounds to include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pipe fitting, and welding
- Develop and implement predictive and preventive maintenance strategies
- Oversee planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to maximize availability of equipment and meet specific needs of customers
- Provide support for troubleshooting and resolving daily problems
- Assess employee performance, including technical skills and knowledge and develop the technical competency of his/her team
- Ensure a safe work environment and maintenance personnel are practicing safe work practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Seven (7) or more years of maintenance experience, in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge and experience of maintenance planning, scheduling, and coordination
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices.
- Working experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC based operations and maintenance programs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree or higher in a technical field
- Journeyman mechanical certification
- Experience with MP2
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf