Principal Electrical Engineer
Molex is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to design and develop new Automotive Sensor products by designing hardware and firmware for active noise cancelation sensor assemblies using industry standards such as Automotive Audio Bus (A2B), Inter IC Sound (I2S) bus, Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C), Pulse Density Modulation (PDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI).Present concepts and designs that may include Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMs) sense elements, Micro-Controllers, and Internal Memory, that will define detailed requirements to internal and external customers, for development approval of new products. Ability to lead engineering team from development thru project completion according to internal product development procedures and International Standards Organization (ISO)/Quality System (QS) requirements. Supports Molex Total Quality Management (TQM) program by following approved policies and procedures.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Good knowledge of System Integration for electronic designs. Including needs for ASIL rated components and assemblies. Examples: Integration of micro-processors with MEMs sense elements and internal memory, Integration of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with Graphic User Interface (GUI) interface and touch screen.
- Lead multi-functional engineering development team through full development cycle including design, manufacturing, qualification and validation testing.
- Interact with manufacturing plants to influence quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate definition of functional testing needs for every level of Product Life Cycle
- Develop Relationships and Interact with new and existing suppliers and ecosystem partners to ensure overall value proposition.
- Develop sound Points of View on product proliferation and expansion opportunities.
- Be able to communicate and draw out customers’ expectations, wants and needs for product delivery.
- Be able to Strategize and Set the product development plan from concept through production.
- Comfortable with “Fail Fast” or Risk/Reward strategy with Mitigation Plans for new development and innovation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and 7+ years of engineering experience; OR 11+ years of engineering experience required
- 3+ years of experience working within a manufacturing and/or engineering organization required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering or Technology Development background preferred with exposure to sensor or Mechatronic assemblies, along with experience in launching new products
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Prior financial and economic thinking is preferred
- Understanding of electromechanical systems, sensory touch systems, sound management and associated supply chain is a plus
- Global work experience a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf