Senior Project Manager, Product Development
The Senior Project Manager, Product Development is a trusted advisor to the Category VP / leadership team, project teams and Project Managers and is responsible for a specific Category portfolio(s) to drive overall prioritization and cross functional resourcing and advancement. The Sr. Project Manager helps decision-makers accelerate priorities and shelve lower value projects to reduce waste / opportunity cost. The PMO drives change management and identifies and drives improvement in process, tools, methods. The Senior Project Manager will frame choices, risks & alternatives to maximize outcomes while communicating effectively to drive clarity on next steps and maintain accountability across the project teams.
Our Senior Project Managers are comfortable leading through influence, helping decision-makers manage progress, understand risks, evaluate alternatives and drive solutions forward. As a trusted advisor to our Brand teams, the Project Manager plays a key role in ensuring successful execution of new product & packaging initiatives and is responsible for using processes and tools to build consistency and efficiency across the organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate review and challenge of the project portfolio (may include reporting, dashboards, analysis)
- Help Category leaders focus on prioritization, economic value, strategic fit and constrained resources
- Ensure alignment on priorities across key stakeholders, such as Category, Mfg., R&D, Supply Chain
PMO Process Improvement
- Identify gaps & develop solutions (portfolio mgt & project execution) for greater effectiveness and/or efficiency
- Drive adoption of PMO tools & approaches (e.g. phase-gate, PPM, WorkFront); Experiment & refine as needed
- Document key attributes (e.g. scope, value, resourcing)
- Develop a detailed project plan based on stakeholder input
- Align project team on deliverables and monitor capacity
- Align mill, R&D and other stakeholders to ensure support
- Drive on-time delivery of tasks and deliverables
- Identify risks, develop mitigation plans & escalate as needed
- Capture lessons learned and implement changes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coordinating projects, deliverables and timing
- Experience managing cross-functional teams such as Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Packaging, Manufacturing, Legal
- Strong working knowledge of Office 365 tools and MS Project (or other project planning software)
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 5 years of experience managing new product introductions / product development
- At least 3 years of experience managing and prioritizing a total portfolio
- Experience leading through influence in a matrixed structure
- CPG experience including brands sold thru major retailers with omni-channel presence
- Knowledge of a broad range of development processes, such as product improvements, packaging structure, package design / graphics, product design, manufacturability trials
- End to end management of projects, from idea to launch
- Project management certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf