Process Control Technician
Process Control Technician – Clarendon OSB
We are currently seeking an experienced Process Control Technician for our Clarendon SC OSB manufacturing facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment/processes and refine multiple skills, and must be able to work a rotating shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
Our Clarendon facility in Alcolu, SC is one of Georgia-Pacific’s newest facilities using some of the most advanced technology to create the specialty brand of Blue Ribbon Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This type of OSB is used for floor, wall, and roof sheathing in residential and light commercial construction applications. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s OSB Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
A Day in the life typically includes:
- Program, Troubleshoot and maintain Allen Bradley PLC and Control Logix.
- Read Assembly drawings, schematics, and equipment layouts.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electronic circuits and control devices
- Understands and uses data to improve productivity.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures, wearing personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Assist crew members and work in a teams environment.
- Help meet or excel production waste and quality goals.
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
What you will need:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least Three (3) years of experience in PLC troubleshooting.
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) year technical degree preferred
- Experience with Electric controls
- Experience using electrical precision measurements tools
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf