Who is Guardian Industries?
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI, Guardian Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOCH Industries. When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, south America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Warehouse Supervisor for our Corsicana, TX facility!
This role is responsible for leading the Warehouse team by helping those around them to improve and succeed. Focused on creating long-term value, the Warehouse Supervisor creates an environment where ongoing business transformation is occurring. This leader is responsible for teaching our team to relentlessly acquire knowledge of technologies and methods, from inside and outside of our organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Connect Employees to the greatest opportunities to create Value
- Select, Develop, and Retain the right people with the right Values and Knowledge/Capabilities
- Acquire, share, and apply knowledge to improve decisions and results
- Ensure employees are on the right team, in the right role, and responsibilities align with their comparative advantages
- Motivate each employee to create the greatest Value and Reward them accordingly
- Lead a team of Shipping and Warehouse Operators responsible for the following:
- All Close-Up and Put-Away of Finished Goods and WIP inventory
- Loading and Unloading of all Outbound and Inbound freight
- Maintain > 95% Cycle Audit Accuracy
- Maintain > 98% Put-Away Accuracy
- Reduce waste and through elimination of waste
- Maintain and execute the process for managing product flow through the warehouse to optimize space and increase efficiency.
- Design and Implement plant warehouse strategies for WIP, rack or container availability, packaging, and finished goods.
- Define and optimize the warehouse layout by optimizing storage surfaces and locations
- Improve the Warehouse processes by challenging the status quo (put away, cycle audits, exception management, packing, shipping)
- Lead experimental discovery or testing and implement those improvements. Work cohesively with Planning and Production
- Track, monitor, and report regularly on the status of crew performance against Plant priorities
- Audit all established warehousing practices Experience You Will Bring
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or dictated by business needs
Experience You Will Bring
- Engineering or Business Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or related field
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven results in building highly capable teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent understanding of ERP & MRP systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced, transformative environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5-8 years of on the job experience will be considered in place of education requirements
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf