Chemical Process Operator Trainee
INVISTA’s Maitland site produces DYTEK®A amine, a chemical intermediate used globally in products such as polyamide plastics, fibers, adhesives, curing agents, polyurethanes, vitamins, pharmaceuticals and epoxy resins. Maitland Site also operates Cogeneration Units, a Hydrogen Plant and Utilities operation.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 120,000 people. For more information on INVISTA, please visit www.INVISTA.com.
Our Maitland, Ontario facility is seeking a Chemical Process Operator Trainee.
Starting rate for Chemical Process Operator Trainee is $22.15. This position is in a line of progression with the top rate of $36.00 (transition through the line of progression can take between 2-4 years).
Primary responsibilities of the Chemical Process Operator will also include operating, maintaining and improving our continuous AMINES / EOG operations. Utilizing computerized control systems, as well as manual operation of process equipment, the Chemical Process Operator will control and troubleshoot the process. Duties include process equipment shutdown, startup, issuance of associated Safe Work Permits, as well as initiating maintenance notifications and responding to process disruptions.
The Chemical Process Operator Trainee will also support the lab work on site; perform routine lab samples, operation of laboratory equipment and analytical testing. Duties also include collecting, preparing, shipping and analyzing lab samples, preparing lab working solutions and performing lab instrument troubleshooting.
Work schedules include 12 hour rotating shift and/or 8-hour day shifts.
What You Bring:
- Ability to progress to classification levels within the specified timeframe and obtain the Chemical Process Operator 1st Class capability
- Ability to effectively deliver results in a chemical refining work environment.
- Ability to take initiative, make good decisions, work effectively with others, have high expectations, take personal responsibility for results and follow through on tasks with minimum supervision.
- A demonstrated high value for compliance, safety and environment.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop knowledge and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills with an ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to serve on Emergency Response Crew as required.
What You Need:
- High school diploma.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have secondary chemistry, technology, or related courses.
- Strong aptitude in the use of data, to analyze, detect and respond to trends.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to learn the necessary computer and process control skills related to chemical processes (eg. DCS, IBM-PC’s, IP21, CHEMSTATION, LIMS, PLC’s etc.)
What Puts You Ahead:
- Engineering Technologist Diploma or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Experience in the use of technology including, automation, controls systems and HMI.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical aptitudes.
- Previous work experience in chemical refining or manufacturing.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume along with a covering letter to jobs.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
More About INVISTA:
Headquartered in the U.S., INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Cordura® fabric, Antron® carpet fiber and Stainmaster® carpet. We transform daily through innovations. Clothing, carpets, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors and airbags- these and many other products originate in one of INVISTA's global manufacturing facilities. You can be a part of the difference we make by joining the INVISTA team.