Georgia-Pacific in Monticello, MS is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to drive safety performance, compliance, reliability, and economic thinking in a progressive maintenance department. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the maintenance team overseeing a high-performance work crew that creates value by safely executing precision maintenance which maximizes up-time while eliminating waste.
We seek a creative and innovative individual with potential to grow into roles of greater responsibility to fill this maintenance leadership position at our Monticello, MS facility. This role will allow you to hone your supervisory and managerial skills as part of a high-performance work team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist in driving a safety culture at the facility to achieve zero incidents
- Provides leadership, technical support, and direction to the paper mill mechanical maintenance technicians including the troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance of assets
- Provides direction and coaching of maintenance technicians in their roles, responsibilities and expectations to meet plant objectives in safety, environmental, quality, cost, and customer service
- Promote sense of urgency and focus regarding teamwork while working to build partnerships
- Ensures that plans, schedules, and materials are available to allow for maintenance work to be executed effectively and efficiently
- Utilize a Computer based Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to manage backlogs and daily work processes
- Contribute to the efforts of the Monticello mill’s employees to safely improve maintenance reliability by applying reliability principles such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to identify the appropriate Predicative and Preventative maintenance procedures
- Ensure Safe Work Practice compliance
- Effectively communicates (written/electronic/verbal) results and action plans as appropriate
- Ensure that employee issues or concerns are addressed and resolution is achieved timely
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years or more of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor/Leader in an Industrial or Manufacturing environment
- Experience using the following Microsoft Office Software: Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to climb stairs & ladders, work around dust/chemicals/other substances, and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a Computer based Maintenance Management System (CMMS) i.e.- Indus Passport, Asset Suite, SAP etc.
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience with implementation of precision maintenance
- Leadership/supervisory experience in a manufacturing operation with focus on Mechanical and Reliability Maintenance
- Experience planning, leading, and executing major work outages
- Experience in a Pulp & Paper manufacturing or other chemical processing operations
- Experience with industrial boilers and pulp recovery operations
- Experience using MS Project (creating a project plan, adding tasks, resources, and milestones)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf