Research & Development Supervisor
Georgia-Pacific Cellulose is seeking a Research & Development Supervisor to join our Product Applications Team at our Innovation & Technology Center in Memphis, TN, we are committed to explore, invent, & adopt technology that increases value for GP and our customers. Operating under the Market-Based Management (MBM®) philosophy, we seek entrepreneurial individuals that have a passion for creating value for society through their work. This position will report to our R&D Manager and has the ability to develop into a supervisory/leadership role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Apply principles of engineering and chemistry
- to develop and improve application testing for assessing product performance;
- to design and direct lab and pilot simulations of manufacturing processes; and
- to develop and execute research projects to support product development initiatives
- Support mill trials and customer trials
- Lead and mentors a team of researchers
- Develop effective relationships – both internal – with GP innovation and commercial teams - and external - with customers and outside technical research partners
- Provide application testing support, as needed
- Develop technical marketing tools to support Commercial Development
- Lead or assist in troubleshooting technical issues
- Effectively communicate data and test results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage knowledge of experimental design, data analysis, and statistics
- Ability to work safely in a laboratory setting and follow detailed safety and environmental compliance guidelines
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or higher
- Three years or more of experience in Research & Development, Technical Support, Pulp & Paper industry or Cellulose industry
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Willing to travel up to 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Engineering
- Masters or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in Cellulose Viscose or Cellulose Acetate Industry - Manufacturing or R&D
- Experience in Process Development
- Experience in Technical Project Management
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience in statistical analysis software such as Minitab or StatGraphics
To learn more about our Cellulose business, visitwww.gppackaging.com/cellulose.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf