Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Research Engineer at our Science and Technology Center!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- A lead technical role for the development of Guardian’s smart window shade product occurring at the Science and Technology Center
- Generate innovative ideas / design solutions to address technical challenges
- Lead coordination of joint development efforts with external experts including vendors, consultants, partners and academia for the development of technical design solutions
- Run trials and create custom test setups to test design configurations and develop an understanding of the primary design functional systems
- Serve as a functional area SME and technical mentor coaching other engineers on the team
- Effectively communicate concepts, experimental results and project plans and status to the organization.
The Experience You Will Bring
- MS or PhD in science or engineering discipline, preferably polymer science, materials science, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical engineering, physics or similar
- 10+ years of experience in industry, senior level desired
- Experience with development of new polymer material constructions
- Experience in advanced engineering skills including process development
- Experience in product development from concept / R&D to HVM launch
- Experience in several lead roles coordinating joint development efforts with external experts including vendors, consultants, partners and academia for the development of technical solutions
- Effective at communicating both internally and externally in regards to development initiatives
- Demonstrated history of creative, yet practical innovations
- Experience in defining risks and coordinated experiments to understand key risks
- Experience coaching / mentoring entry-level scientists and engineers to develop a similar skillset
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in highly technical role interacting with many levels of the organization
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong experimental design skills including custom test setups and significant lab experience. Electrical test design a plus.
- Knowledge with polymer coatings and films a plus
- Knowledge on material science / polymer properties and characterization a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf