Lead Tool Maker
*This role is eligible for a $3,500 Sign-on Bonus*
Phillips Medisize is looking for a Lead Tool Maker to coordinate the workflow, activities, and personnel in the toolroom and mold maintenance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with mold manufacturing and/or repair team, mold technicians, engineers, production team, and others to determine the root cause of problems and provide solutions
- Provide direction and leadership to the tooling department; including establishing clear objectives, managing performance, effective communication, fostering a team environment, talent acquisition, career development, and addressing disciplinary issues
- Ensure that molds are properly cleaned, lubricated, assembled, and staged for production runs
- Prioritize workflow to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Determine most efficient tooling actions to be taken while considering long-term effects, mold life expectancy, time available, and procedures and equipment available
- Coordinate mold revisions and repairs with outside vendors when resources limit available action in-house
- Obtain pertinent information that will assist in the mold manufacture/revision/repair.
- Participate in budget planning and capital requests for tool room equipment and supplies
- Coordinate team’s continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure the mold storage system is organized and updated
- Must be able to support various shifts when needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of tool and die experience required
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of experience managing, supervising, and/or leading people required
- Completion of a technical apprenticeship program, or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with injection molding preferred
- Experience in mold repair and/or servicing nice to have
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf