Summer Student - Quality Assurance
Summer Student – Quality Assurance
INVISTA’s Kingston site has temporary summer employment opportunities available in our Quality Assurance Product Testing Facilities. Work assigned requires problem solving skills, demonstrated fundamental laboratory knowledge and capability to perform the physical aspects of the role (lifting, bending, standing, pushing/pulling etc.)
All assignments require adherence to specific procedures and work practices related to manufacturing. Work is scheduled on 12 hour rotating shift (day and night shifts) to provide relief to the regular employees during summer vacation period.
The rate of pay for this role is $16.25/hour plus applicable shift premiums when working evenings, nights and Sundays.
General Responsibilities Include:
Sample preparations, chemical handling, testing polymer samples using standard test methods, lab equipment corrective action, cleaning, and calibrations. Continuity of lab sample results to operating areas is dependent on ability to prioritize, communicate and respond to non-routine situations.
Responsibilities include adherence to area standard operating procedures, safety rules, inspection, documentation, and record keeping ensuring sample methods are correctly run, reported and results are fed back through proper systems to operating areas. Individual troubleshooting, problem solving, and working with appropriate resources to gain knowledge are an integral part of this assignment.
To be eligible you must:
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to all site safety rules and practices
- Currently attend college or university in a full-year, full-time program (September to April)
- Have previous experience in a lab performing wet chemistry or currently enrolled in a program with laboratory course work
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of hiring
- Have a satisfactory work record during any previous employment with the Company
- Available to work the entire period of time as required – early May to the end of the Labour Day weekend (subject to work availability)
- Able to work rotating, 12-hour work schedule that includes weekends and holidays, in a 24/7 operation
- Able to perform heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, walking, climbing, and standing
- Willing to work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Be available for an interview if contacted
- Supply a current resume and covering letter
Preference will be given to:
- University or College students with previous satisfactory performance at INVISTA
- Students enrolled in a Chemistry, Engineering or related co-op (4 month) program
- University or College students with relevant experience in a physical team-based work environment
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®.
INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume along with a covering letter to www.invistacareers.com
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants, in advance, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.