Manager, Regional Quality Systems
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for planning a vision, defining and driving the DSS GlobalQuality Management System.The QMS Manager is responsible for ensuring our Teams understand What is & Why we have a QMS.QMS Manager will collaborate with New Product Development Teams & Plants personnel to create and deliver policies and procedures compliant to all regulations & customer requirements applicable to Datacom and any other Products we manufacture. The job requires experience in successfully building, leading and executing quality programs in a multi-site design and manufacturing environment with demonstrated quality-management experience with practical technical quality experience in proactive and reactive environments.
This position will have a critical role in the development and implementation of Molex Global Business processes that will interface with Molex Fusion Digital Transformation initiative and will become a core Leader in Digital Transformation activities and processes for DSS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vision: Ensure our DSS Quality Management Systems are aligned with our organization's purpose and strategic direction and Digital Transformation initiative. Identify and share best practices in QMS between Divisions
- Business Process Integration: Works with Functions to define and deliver quality improvement initiatives within the design centers or manufacturing plants to ensure our business processes are efficient and effective across the division to drive customer satisfaction, waste elimination, and value creation.
- Improvement Roadmaps: Ensure our Design Centers and Plants proactively drive improvements or changes to the QMS based on the products and customer needs the Segment or Business Unit's have with existing or targeting as future new customers.
- QMS Steering Team Leader: Collaborate and partner with Molex Global Quality Council, Design Centers & plants to standardize policies and procedures as necessary.Incorporate voice of the customer, all regulatory, and customer requirements into the QMS controls and documents.
- Internal Auditing: Drive quality system audits including creating a standardized process, schedule, apply the necessary resources, tracking to completion, corrective actions, and record storage & retention.
- External Auditing: Interfaces with 3rd party and customer auditors in regards to customer satisfaction, customer scorecards, feedbacks and other ISO / IATF16949 / VDA,,,,,,, customer related elements.
- Training or coaching: Ensure our Management and Teams understand the "What is" and "Why we have" a quality management system thru direct training & coaching.
- Performance Evaluation / Review: Ensure proper measuring of performance and the effectiveness is in place of our Business Processes takes place & evidence of results.
- Staffing / Talent Management: Supervisor responsibilities for direct reports: Ability to hire promotable talent, Organize regular mtgs, Assure training needs of the team are regularly assessed and training plans developed.
- MBM & Quality Systems: Understand & practice the KOCH 5 dimensions & guiding principles, Lean / Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO & IATF) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by management.
SCOPE: Works with little supervision to manage & improve our DSS Quality Management SystemS.Leads the QMS / PDP Steering Team to implement improvments to our QMS inconjuction with the Molex Global Quality Council. Accountable to Division & Business Unit Leaders, manufacturing plants globally, and customers.20% international travel primarily in Asia and USA
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, quality or a related business discipline.
PREFERRED: Master’s degree
- 7 to 10 years of demonstrated experience in a quality or operations role in a multi-site manufacturing environment. Previous experience in managing a successful quality improvement process with multi-functional involvement.
- Experience in establishing Quality Systems to certification level in an Organization
- Experienced working in a Digital environment with knowledge of PLM, ALM and MES systems a distinct advantage. The should include working with the latest QMS and Audit softwares available in the markty.
- Experience interfacing with internal customers, external customers, auditors
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green belt certification
- PPAP experience
- ASQ Certified or other Certified Auditor training
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Manufacturing quality management
- Advance quality planning experience
- Advanced quality tools including designed experiments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective coordination & project management skills.
- Action and results oriented
- Must be fluent in English language
- Must be a self-starter and be highly motivated
- Must be able to operate in a team environment
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, Power BI and other reporting tools
- Must have root cause analysis knowledge and hands on experience
- Must be flexible enough to switch from a variety of projects to others without losing time, momentum or enthusiasm and not getting frustrated
- Experience working with and auditing in ISO-9001, IATF16949, ISO 14001, ISO 18001
- Chinese language skills would be an added plus
- VDA knowledge & experience