Provide effective leadership and administration of 3PL, acting like principal liaison between Molex Logistics and materials; also, as principal owner of inbound /outbound / Warehouse areas (receive and ship areas at Molex GUAD2) to obtain optimum efficiency and economy in the operation. Achieve unit, divisional and company goals set forth each year in the business planning process by performing the following duties and responsibilities directly or through delegation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage and direct contact of Third-party logistics, acting like a liaison to achieve business plan objectives while providing superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise and develop a motivated, skilled and optimally resourced team to ensure that performance levels and professional development will achieve or exceed Molex business objectives
- Evaluate internal receive/shipping and external 3PL service quality to identify process deviations and improve them based in Lean manufacturing and procedures
- Follow and ensure accurate SAP /Blue Yonder transaction between 3PL-Molex & Molex-3PL, ensuring receiving, shipping and warehousing either physically processes and system transaction 24/7 days; this contributes Molex inventory accuracy. Also support Laredo cross/dock and WH
- Coordinate the third-party logistics service providers (including internal logistics to manufacturing area) to secure uninterrupted provision of world class customer service via orders fulfilment.
- Verify, check and validate all warehouse inbound/outbound documents transactions and perform physical
- Owner of all logistics equipment such as Scales, Stand up Forklift, Sit-down Forklift and Tugger
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities good working condition of equipment
- Provide communication on a regular basis to employees and supervisors regarding company, division, plant and department objectives
- Appraise employee performance and procedures as well as assist in employee interviewing, training, development, discipline and other activity as required
- Encourage, support and foster an environment of open communication between all department/divisional groups, facilities, Rochester Hills and regional/global resources
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4 to 7 years minimum experience in automotive manufacturing plant as logistics or Warehouse Superintendent / Coordinator or WH manager
- Understanding of Warehouse management, Logistics and materials processes.
- Working knowledge SAP MM, as WMS and IM modules.
- Previous supervisory experience and 3PL Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain, transportation and logistics concepts.
- Proven experience independently performing complex routing, fleet sizing analysis, material flow and warehouse design and layout for multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge in MRP systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Logistics and modern Lean Manufacturing concepts Knowledge and ability to synthesize new and emerging technologies into manageable and practical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in a team-based environment and operational setting.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and listening.)
- 10 years’ experience in automotive industry as WH superintendent/Manager.
- Previous management experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- English Advanced