Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Help coordinate and expedite flow of materials within the jobsite, according to production and shipping schedules
- Examine material delivered to jobsite for damages
- Arrange on site transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- Maintain status and location of materials.
- Must be a team player that makes customer focus and satisfaction a top priority in all business decision making.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions in the shop
- Be on time each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail to avoid reworks and errors
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6 months previous industrial experience
- Able and willing to work in a fast paced, demanding environment with critical deadlines
- Highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment with a customer focus
- Be able to communicate in English
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in Supply Chain and managing inventory
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and material specifications
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf