Plating Process Engineer
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
Perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Plating Process Engineer in Morehead, KY!
The role of the Plating Process Engineer is to manage the technical aspects of the plating software, pumps, hoists and downtime. In addition, they will troubleshoot plating production defects in order to ensure the production of quality parts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analyze plating solutions using wet chemistry and equipment
- Develop strategic plans to ensure the maintenance of the plating equipment
- Manage Plating Process Engineers in maintaining plating process as needed
- Develop QS9000 work instructions for the plating department
- Develop standards for current and future plating activities including process improvement, process standardization, line design, and cost reduction
- Define process limits based on experimentation and analysis
- Develop new processes, methods, and layouts to increase equipment flexibility and improve manufacturing yields
- Promote and maintain 5-S to ensure an organized, clean, and work safe area
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Chemistry/ Engineering or 3+ years as a Chemical or Plating Engineer
- Experience using statistical analysis to drive decisions
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with PowerBI, Solidworks or SQL
- Lab experience
- Experience in the automotive sector
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf