$3000 sign on Bonus ($1500 paid after 30 days of employment/$1500 paid after 90 days of employment)
Hourly rate: $17.50 plus shift differential for 2nd shift.
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. The Sun Prairie, Wisconsin facility produces insulated and tempered glass products for the residential window industry. This plant is an essential piece of our Guardian glass fabrication division that focuses on delivering make-to-order glass products and solutions to our end customers.
Guardian Glass in Sun Prairie, WI seeking you to become our next Production Technician!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Meet or exceed facility and company goals for production and quality
- Tool accountability and organization
- Report maintenance activities to leadership team that will impact production affairs
- Solve problems using critical thinking skills such as machine trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Learn basic hand on mechanical repair.
- Navigate on a computer in a windows based environment
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Provide valuable feedback on procedures and processes in order to help the plant achieve their goal
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
The Experience You Will Bring:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Stand, walk, use hands to grasp, push and pull, bend and lift, reach with hands and arm
- Demonstrate ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of the job functions
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Preventive and predictive maintenance experience
- Previous knowledge of properly handling glass
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf