Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite located in Pleasant Hill, LA has an opening for a Pipefitter Helper.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assisting pipefitter with setting, assembling, and installing pipe.
- Possess knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc, as required.
- Prepare pipe and fittings for hoisting and rigging
- Being familiar with different types of metals
- Locate and mark bending and cutting lines of the metal.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary
- Operate tools and equipment including: beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, torches, magnetic drills, welding machines, and a Saw-Zall.
- Ability to work safely and accurately.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6 months previous experience working in an industrial environment
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- 6+ months working as a pipefitter helper
- Able to read, write & communicate in English
- Previous experience reading ISO’s and drawings
- Past exposure to different metals and knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc.
- Experience in a gas plant construction environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf