Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Environmental Leader at our Cedar Springs GA containerboard facility. The Environmental Leader creates long term value by ensuring risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. This is accomplished by providing environmental leadership and strategic direction to the facility leadership and team through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) and adherence to our Guiding Principles.
The Environmental Leader must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President and General Manager of the Cedar Springs Containerboard operation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to achieve the environmental vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Ensuring that an Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place consistent with GP expectations
- Developing and maintaining an evergreen POV of environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and plans
- Systematically driving mill environmental program to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Managing wastewater and drinking water systems, mill environmental laboratory and technical services while meeting all regulatory requirements and optimizing the costs
- Overseeing evaluating, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with Environmental laws, regulations and permits as it relates to the operation of the facility
- Providing a stable foundation and solid understanding of the Georgia-Pacific environmental standards and all federal and state regulations
- Utilizing development plans to grow environmental talent, skills, and knowledge
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
- Facilitating and representing the facility during agency inspections
- Effectively interacting with internal/external environmental technical resources and Georgia-Pacific legal resources to seek the best knowledge
- Effectively collaborates with local and divisional management, public relations, technical subject matter experts and other capabilities on issues that affect the local community and external stakeholders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science
- Five years or more of environmental compliance, leadership and management systems experience
- Three years or more of environmental experience in a manufacturing/industrial facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in an environmental leadership role managing compliance with laws and regulations in multiple environmental areas (water, air waste, etc.)
- Experience in managing environmental issues in an integrated pulp and paper manufacturing facility or other industrial or manufacturing facility
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers and is one of the largest producers of containerboard in the United States. The mill is located in the southwest corner of Georgia which is approximately 28 miles east of Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the State of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can also easily drive to Atlanta within 3.5 hours while the capital cities of Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL are only 1.5 hours away. Additionally, Dothan has numerous parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities for recreational enjoyment.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf