Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The project in Killdeer, ND is currently hiring a Crane Operator.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operates a crane to lift, move, and position loads such as components, equipment, and solid or bulk materials, complete final inspections in accurate and timely manner demonstrating an understanding of how the product fits together. Stop, think and ask if design or fabrication results appear to be unusual or not right.
- Plans all lifts, uses proper capacity charts, completes pre-lift/critical lift sheet.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, or clamps as load requires.
- Perform daily crane inspections.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Observes functioning of equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, repairs, or replacements.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations. Capable of working on sites with muddy and or snowy conditions.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week when needed by project demands.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools
The Experience You Will Bring
- Valid Crane Operator license from an accredited institution for an all-terrain crane
- Valid Crane Operator physical
- Valid driver’s license
- Two years in crane operation
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be familiar with standard hand signals.
- Taken and passed OSHA equipment operating courses as required
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be willing and able to meet the physical requirements mentioned above
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in oil and gas construction
- Previous experience using computerized control systems
- NCCCO certification
- Crawler crane certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf