Mechanical Design Engineer
The Design Engineer's responsibility is to work with customers to design components and assemblies for use in the medical device industry, assist in validation and qualification, as well as develop, review and release documentation. Design Engineers are also responsible for NPI tooling design and NPI product initial builds, planning and executing verification to ensure products meet Customer Operations and regulatory requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide engineering feasibility and propose concepts to customers during the product development stage.
- Design and review injection molded components, mechanical electronic assemblies, and interconnects for the medical device industry.
- Work with the NPI project teams to ensure specification compliance of designs and system performance thought design validation and qualification.
- Coordinate mold tooling design and manufacturing.
- Participate in part, assembly, and tooling design reviews both internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
- Use engineering changes to develop, review and release the required documentation in SAP to include BOM's, Drawing, master data and others.
- Initiate and manage prototype sample builds for use in design verification and validation.
- Identify the root cause of problems found, develop solutions and implement changes for problems as they arise.
- Represent Engineering in Cross Functional Team meetings.
- Meet and understand all Program Timing requirements and all customer deliverables.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering or closely related role
- Experience with injection molded part design and tooling
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP experience
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA Medical Device Directives related industry standards
- Experience using SolidWorks, SiemensNX or similar 3D modeling software
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf