Corporate Packaging Engineer
This Corporate Packaging Engineer will work as part of the newly created Corporate Packaging Capability, focusing on developing a center of excellence for packaging designs and working to standardize throughout the various manufacturing sites in an effort to develop a competitive advantage for SRG Global. This role will interface directly with all manufacturing sites in an attempt to develop standard packaging designs, with a goal to minimize overall spend and focus on reducing cost of quality concerns due to packaging, as well as interfacing with customers to lead designs on returnable packaging. There will also be a strong connection with the commercial and quality capabilities, as we look to develop more costs effective solutions. This position will report to the Corporate Packaging Team Leader, and will reside as part of the Technical Assembly Capability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the responsibility and accountability of all packaging related spend (FG, WIP, and Service), tracking from quotation through implementation and into service. Manage cost/budget for each program as main KPI targets, ensuring that packaging is updated as a result of design changes throughout the development process.
- Work to develop a global packaging quotation model, utilizing Siemens to help develop the model, and then work to consistently improve model in future.
- Interface with manufacturing sites to understand packaging wants vs. needs, working to develop new designs for re-usable WIP containers that are compatible for all sites, and are also aligned with future material handling initiatives (VGV’s, AMR’s, etc.).
- Interface with other Koch companies to attempt to communicate lessons learned and leverage additional networks where possible
- Travel domestically and internationally to operations, suppliers and customers when required.
- Utilize critical economic thinking skills when it comes to future packaging designs, focusing on developing designs and fleet sizes that eliminate embedded insurance, and lead initiatives to optimize the material flow throughout our facilities.
- Own complete development process of packaging, included Cost of Quality initiatives that may be impacted by the packaging (scratch, dimensional management, etc.).
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS/MS of Engineering/Packaging with 2-5 years of experience at an OEM, supplier, or automotive engineering consultancy
- Superior knowledge of automotive manufacturing / assembly activities, processes, and standards in substrates, coatings or technical assemblies
- Strong background in packaging engineering
- Strong background in developing and monitoring quality performance metrics – and using such data to implement significant improvements
- Product development and/or manufacturing operations experience is a plus, with a good understanding of exterior trim products
- Project/program management experience and deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing, and processes
- A working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, QA, PFMEA, SPC, PPAP etc.
- Proven use of Problem Solving Tools, Minitab, 6 Sigma, DFSS, Cause Map, 5 Why, 8D, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf