BI Platform Lead
Georgia Pacific’s BI and Data Analytics group supporting key segments including Packaging & Cellulose and Building Products is looking for a BI Platform Lead/Lead Analyst to join our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial minded innovators who can help us further develop this service of exceptionally high value to our business, improve the capabilities and delivery of the team. Key expectations in the role:
- Collaborate with the business to become a trusted partner in utilizing BI to make effective decisions, improve business outcomes and deliver higher value solutions
- Deliver on team goals and commitments
·Manage platform solution, delivering ongoing capabilities of data and insights, develop knowledge expertise on platform and business across the team
·Monitor and manage team metrics on delivery of new solutions, enhancements and sustaining current solutions.
·Sustain legacy and new platforms with high availability and usability. Ensure support cases are being tended to in a timely fashion and within established SLAs
·Manage resource planning, allocation for optimized and balanced resource utilization and a complete, accurate forward-looking view to support future demands and needs
·Define standard work processes utilized by team for all work types. Ensure processes are documented and followed across team. Drive continuous improvement of standard work
·Provide best practice, technical, process and business guidance to team members, developing opportunities for technical and career growth of team
A successful candidate will bring advanced knowledge of best-in-class BI methodologies, practices, architecture, strategy and road map. You must be enthusiastically collaborative, passion for working with people, value seeking, open to challenge and be challenged with new ideas and established approaches with an appetite for learning and innovation. Ideal candidate would have technical and team leadership experience, helping guide people towards technical growth and the team and organization towards BI/analytics growth while exceeding delivery to the business. Ability to own hands on activities, partner across cross functional business and technology teams across the globe to co deliver impactful solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Guide and mentor BI analysts and developers on a day to day basis and apply conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving
- Partner and align with other BI platform leads to establish a shared execution vision, leveraging best practices from each team and developing cross team collaboration and sharing
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects and hands on BI activities
- Support legacy platforms, tools and commitments while embracing new gen platforms
- Experiment with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create improved value for our customers.
- Refine BI and data strategy by working closely with Enterprise Architects, Data Architects, Data Governance, App/Dev & BI Leadership for alignment
- Partner with business stakeholders as an advisor, guide and consultant on BI, data
- Collaborate with a diverse and distributed IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years’ experience in BI, data, and analytics with hands on implementation & architecture, developing BI/technology strategies, roadmaps, standards in alignment with business objectives
- At least 5 years’ experience in visualization tools, such as PowerBI or Tableau
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading teams, people and helping with individual, team development & coaching
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing multi-dimensional databases, cubes, and data warehouses
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred
- Experience working with enterprise data stores, data lakes, external data sources and APIs
- Experience in AWS native tools set – S3, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, Glue, R, Python or similar tools.
- Experience working with SalesForce CRM, Einstein analytics
- Experience working/managing agile scrum projects with remote teams spread across the globe
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf