Assistant Plant Manager
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals benefits society by safely delivering long-term value to our customers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America. For more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at: http://www.gp-chemicals.com/Home
Our facility in Taylorsville, MS is currently seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to join our team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the safety, compliance, customer quality, cost control, and production of the resin, formaldehyde, and spray dry processes
- Directly supervises 5 production supervisors and indirectly supervises 24-26 production operators
- Apply Human and Operational Performance (HOP) principles to create a collaborative safety culture which increases capacity in our processes to achieve our goal on zero safety instrumented functions (SIFs)
- Lead employees in the understanding, identification, and elimination of critical hazards and ongoing development of plan to zero objectives
- Understanding of environmental regulations and risks to ensure operations team can execute tasks to ensure compliance
- Understanding of Process Safety Management PSM / Risk Management Plan RMP requirements in order to maintain compliance with respect to GP’s Chemical Process Safety program, including: Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Management of Change (MOC), Pre Start up Safety Reviews (PSSRs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and incident investigations
- Lead and participate in operational excellence efforts to achieve goals in the areas of OEE, product yield, operating costs, and product quality
- Utilize new technologies to transform operations capabilities to more efficiently achieve OPEX goals
- Work directly with the plant engineer and/or maintenance manager to achieve maintenance/reliability goals relative to asset availability, including capital project prioritization and implementation
- Work directly with quality manager to understand process trends which could impact product quality, optimize recipes to improve batch times, and investigate any off-spec events
- Work with quality manager and R&D to modify and/or develop new products
- Oversee raw material supplies and ordering, production scheduling, and customer orders
- Work with sales team to understand customer requirements in order to maximize efficiency opportunities while supporting and generating value for the customer
The Experience You Will Bring
- Manufacturing experience in chemical unit operations (ex: batch, distillation, heat transfer)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering , Chemistry, or related field
- Experience leading a cross functional team: projects / troubleshooting / RCA
- Solid understanding of how safety/quality/engineering/production/maintenance work together and proven experience collaborating across those departments
- Proven ability to understand process / technical data and analyze that data so that performance can be optimized.(trends / correlation)
- Ability and desire to engage operators and empower their involvement in problem solving - drive ownership
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf