Embedded Firmware Engineer
This position offers a $5,000.00 sign on bonus!
Do you enjoy the challenge of learning new things and creating innovative products using cutting edge technology? If so, we’d like to learn more about you! Georgia-Pacific's iNNOVATION Institute® in Neenah, WI, is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer. The selected individual will play a key role in our Consumer Products Professional Business. This is a position where you can use your creativity and technical skills to find solutions that meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. This role creates value by developing control systems utilizing embedded microcontrollers for our line of electro-mechanical devices.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Devices for paper, soap, and cutlery products from concept through commercialization. This position supports both sustaining and new to world design as well as automated testing efforts. This candidate will work with a cross-functional team to include Mechanical, electrical, and project engineering to create innovative solutions from concept to commercialization. In addition, at Georgia-Pacific we have a strong culture of supporting and developing our employees to their fullest potential. If you are lifelong learner and would like to join a diverse team of passionate entrepreneurs, come see what we have to offer!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop proof of concept and prototype devices to experiment with new ideas, concepts, and technologies
- Execute multiple projects according to agreed-upon timelines
- Design, analyze, and document electrical system architectures - this includes using modeling and simulation tools
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to develop and document system requirements and specifications
- Assess risk, identifying problems, analyzing options, and proposing solutions
- Work with product teams to develop system validation test plans utilizing statistical analysis
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering with a focus on electrical, electronics, computer or software
- Experience developing embedded software products from concept to commercialization
- Experience with embedded software architecture and tools
- Experience with and ability to program in C and C++
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and programming / troubleshooting techniques
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of the Software Development lifecycle and Software Development processes
- An understanding of the Product Development process from prototyping to market launch
- Consumer Product Development experience
- Familiarity with Electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools
- Knowledge of and ability to design analog and digital circuitry
- Experience developing Electronics Assemblies from concept to commercialization
- Knowledge of electronic hardware development and tools for creating, assembling, and analyzing circuit boards
- Knowledge of motor controls, power supplies, low power electronics, or wireless communications
About the Neenah, WI Area:
Our facility is Georgia-Pacific Innovation Institute® in Neenah, WI. Neenah is located in the heart of Northeast Wisconsin (also known as the Fox Valley). The Fox Valley offers year-round recreation and attractions including 19 ski resorts within 100 miles, excellent shopping, and diversity in restaurants, music and nightlife. For families and nature lovers, the Fox Valley boasts a wealth of parks & wildlife refuges, excellent school districts, and other family-based activities. The area also has attractions such as the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center in Appleton, EAA in Oshkosh, along with great fishing and boating on local lakes, rivers and within driving distance to Lake Michigan. If you are sports fan, Lambeau field and Miller Park are within a short driving distance. Living in the Fox Valley provides the diversity and amenities of a larger city with a strong sense of community and family. Also, nearby popular metro areas include Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, Green Bay, WI and Chicago, IL. We welcome you to explore what the Fox Valley could offer you!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf