Field Services Manager
KBX is a global steward for smarter, more efficient logistics, optimizing all facets of freight transportation. KBX provides its customers with world class capabilities related to transportation procurement across the world, visibility & technology solutions that help drive transparency, and opportunities to eliminate waste within global supply chains. As the transportation arm of Koch Industries, KBX serves the growing demand for supply chain efficiency across broad logistics markets. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. The Field Services Manager will work directly for our KBX Rail team, developing overall strategy and managing relationships.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to Koch enterprise rail and intermodal shipping facilities for stewarding world-class load securement operations through application of MBM® decision-making framework.
- Collaborate with loading facilities to ensure pre-trip transportation compliance programs are executed; provide training and audits
- Develop and execute a formal supply chain strategy to standardize, optimize and simplify loading processes with focus on safety and quality control procedures in rail loading compliance. Zero incidents is expectation.
- Direct strategies and tactics that ensure loading procedures and dunnage materials fully comply with industry standards.
- Support root cause analysis and product claims resolutions; champion damage prevention
- Advance strategic alliances with world-class suppliers through skillful contract negotiations and enrich partnerships with the rail carriers
- Effect industry policy changes through the AAR and PFITC Quality Lead Teams
- Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions including load planning to reduce freight cost using data driven decision making.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field; OR applicable work experience in the industry
- Awareness of AAR loading rules and drive to understand applicable updates
- Previous experience in railcar loading or supervision or equivalent experience; ideally 3+ years
- Willingness and ability to travel 75% of the time
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical inclination; ability to understand railcar engineering
- Use of Load Expert software for load optimization
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal shipping leaders
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office; Visio, Power BI, Access
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf