Control/PLC Systems Maintenance Technician
Flint Hills Resources - Pine Bend is looking for an experienced Digital Maintenance Technician to join our team in Rosemount, Minnesota!
The Digital Maintenance Technician role will develop equipment related scopes that are based on sound and economically viable repair/replacement decisions via the work flow process. An ability to identify, develop and champion improvements in the work flow process is expected. Experience with RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) methodologies and application to problem solving on are desired.
Demonstrable skills in critical and economic thinking and capturing this through strong written and verbal communication skills are required in this role. The ability to identify, develop and champion improvements in the reliability capabilities of the Work Execution organization is greatly desired.
Additionally, this position will be required to provide subject matter expertise to project support for capital and maintenance projects. This will be through maintaining an awareness of controls and digital standards, supporting the change management process, and providing analysis to technology alternatives.
The successful candidate will be able to excel in a multi-functional team and can prioritize multiple business requests.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As Digital Maintenance Technician, you will maintain refinery control system hardware/software, two-way communication systems and associated networking equipment. Group vision is to maximize availability of control system hardware and software through equipment lifecycle planning, reliability strategies and effective procedural repairs.
You will be involved with prioritizing daily Digital group work priorities, ensuring successful execution of related procedures and play a key role in the electronic control system hardware maintenance.
As a member of the Digital Maintenance Team, you will also be required to participate as a member on the Digital On-Call rotation schedule to cover after hour troubleshooting/repair activities.
Control System Maintenance: The trouble shooting and repair of PLC/DCS and communications equipment in the refinery.
- Replacing faulty hardware, CPUs, power supplies etc
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and correcting PLC/DCS communication problems
- Minor PLC ladder logic or HMI (human machine interface) graphics programming for modifications to existing software preventative maintenance scheduling and development of reliability strategies
Communication System Maintenance: The troubleshooting and analysis of two-way communication system issues.
The successful candidates will possess/be:
- Critical/analytical thinking skills
- Teamwork/communication skills
- Self-driven/highly motivated
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regard to writing procedures and documenting findings
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 year Electronics/Electrical Technology Degree or equivalent
- 4+ year of process/operations/reliability work experience in an industrial facility
- Basic understanding of industrial hardware and programming (function block, structured text and ladder logic)
- Familiarity with networking communication protocols such as Modbus, Ethernet and TCP/IP as well as associated hardware
What Will Put You Ahead
- 4+ years of process/operations/reliability work experience in a petroleum refinery
- Good understanding of programming documentation processes and procedures
- Good understanding of the engineering documents associated with PLC/DCS and digital equipment such as electrical drawings, logic drawings, P&IDs, Cause and Effect tables etc
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf