Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is actively seeking to fill a Data Analyst role as part of the Production Support organization based in Frisco, TX. The Production Support organization is responsible for the day to day support of our deployed customer solutions in the field, as well as managed services that enable our customers to receive near real time analysis of system operation and performance. The Data Analyst will collect and distribute mission critical system data from our customers’ systems for analysis.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies in the rapidly developing and highly visible smart grid space within the green energy sector. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement utility solutions are among the distinctions that make Sentient Energy the leader in distribution network sensing and monitoring.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The selected candidate will work across the with Sentient’s organization including sales, engineering, and data science teams. Specific functions include:
- Support the automation of collection of large volumes of customer data for analysis
- Generate custom reports to support data analytics and managed services
- Integrate reporting with customer trouble ticket data
- Compose software applications to assist in report collection
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience in a data analyst role
- 1+ years of experience with Source to Target
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Suite
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience with Linux variants (Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, etc)
- Proficient in shell scripting for report generation (BASH or Python)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge of the following technologies:
- SCADA, DMS and OMS
- DNP3 architecture and protocol
- Network and communications support and troubleshooting expertise
- Establishing and using a cloud storage environment for data transmission
- 1+ years of application and systems programming experience in one of the following: C, C++, Java, and Python
- Experience in working with embedded devices and firmware
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf