Mechanical Project Manager/Engineer
Georgia-Pacific Consumer Operations is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Project Engineer / Project Manager role at the Consumer Products Operation located in Muskogee, OK. The Muskogee Mill is an integrated Tissue and Towel manufacturing operation. This position is primarily responsible for developing and leading the implementation of capital projects at the mill. This individual will also provide technical support to maintenance and operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Building EH&S excellence through the application of the Risk Management System
- Applying MBM® Framework, Operations Excellence Model, and selected mental models to improve Muskogee’s competitive position
- Insuring reliable operations with a focus on design for reliability
- Expanding and refining in-house technical capabilities
- Effective execution of the Project Work Processes and Mill Improvement Processes
- Assisting in the development and execution of mill and area capital plans
- Managing capital projects to yield target IRR or better
- Managing capital, working capital, fixed asset ledger, cost reduction projects to yield target ROCC
- Work with internal and external resources (including engineering resources) to organize and execute projects as defined in the Venture Scope of Work (VSW). This includes design, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities.
- Use economic thinking when evaluating alternatives/equipment/vendors/contractors.
- Exercise 10,000% compliance relative to environmental, safety, and business practices.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil - Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a project engineering / project manager role within a continuous manufacturing operation
- Experience developing and presenting information in a one-on-one and/or group setting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil - Structural Engineering with PE stamp
- Experience with managing large projects
- 5+ years of experience working within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation within an engineering capacity
- Experience with college recruiting and mentoring entry level talent
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf