FIXED EQUIPMENT RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer to support the Asset Management group at our Houston Chemical Plant (HCP). As a key part of Koch Industries, Flint Hills Resources creates superior value for our customers and society using our Market-Based Management approach in the areas of refining, olefins, polymers, and biofuels. Houston Chemical was the first Catofin propane dehydrogenation plant in the United States, and worldwide, we remain the most productive Catofin plant in our size class.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Scope and support fixed equipment initiatives or projects across the site
- Assist maintenance and execution personnel with the FHR specs and standards and technical support
- Provide technical support to Mechanical Integrity program
- Act as fixed equipment SME during turnarounds and outages
- Manage fixed equipment MOC’s (Management of Change)
- Setup and maintain critical fixed equipment spare parts for the site
- Own and maintain reliability programs/strategies for major pieces of equipment (vessels, tanks, pipe, valves, expansion joints, refractory linings)
- Perform Root Cause Analyses of fixed equipment related failures and recommend economical and effective corrective actions
- Climb ladders and stairs, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Travel up to 10% of the time
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a maintenance or fixed equipment engineer in an operating process plant, such as refining or petrochemicals
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance or fixed equipment engineer in a process industry, such as refining or petrochemicals
- Any API certifications such as API510, API570, API653, API580, or API936
This position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf