Product Manager, Powertrain
Define and execute the vision and product strategy for electronic systems within the automotive industry. Work interactively with Global Product Manager (GPM), customers and cross functional development team that includes product engineering, finance, manufacturing and sales to provide solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Maintain assigned product portfolio and it’s expansion, Global OEMs interactions, Roadmap visualization, P&L and driving customer engagements to execute this vision
What You Will Do In Your Role
TECHNOLOGY and OPERATIONS Aspects:
- Work with GPM to develop sound points of view on technologies, products, customers, competitors and convert market trends into actionable product line strategies
- Collaborate with GPM to formulate project plans, delineating technical, manufacturing, quality and project management deliverables
- Assist GPM in product roadmap and development opportunities, economic analysis, Decision making framework (DMF) development and providing prioritized guidance to the cross functional team
- Assist GPM in product proliferation and capacity tooling development by collaborating with Sales & operations (S&OP)
- Responsible for product line transactional activities through daily collaboration with sales, engineering and the manufacturing facilities.
- Assist GPM in managing the product lifecycle and portfolio management activities.
- Interact with suppliers and ecosystem partners to ensure overall value chain
- Interact with global manufacturing plants to lead cost reduction effortsand quality improvement initiatives.
SALES & MARKETING Aspects:
- Collaborate with GPM and Sales management for marketing and branding for the overall segment
- Maintain technical and commercial database of product portfolio to help answer customer queries on a daily basis
- Review and approve pricing agreements for various sales deals occurring globally through CSRs (customer service representatives)
- Synergy with various tier-1 accounts team to review and re-establish annual contract pricing and related negotiations
- Engage with customers in the development of specifications and technical requirements, which can be used to direct the development of new products, product variants or improvements.
- Track and monitor OEM and Tier program launch to support S&OP forecasting, planning, build timing and sample requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Engineering or Business with a preference for a technical background
- 1-2 years of experience in Product Management or equivalent skillset
- 1-2 years of relevant sales or business development experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with a manufacturing and/or engineering organization, preference in the automotive industry.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior financial and economic thinking experience
- Understanding of electromechanical systems, sensory touch systems, sound management and associated supply chain is a plus
- Global work experience a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf