Logistics Specialist- Support Shift
KBX Logistics is looking for a Logistics Specialist- Support Shift in Green Bay, WI. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers. As a Transportation Planning Specialist, you will have the opportunity to create value by optimizing cost and services to create long term value within the supply chain. This shift will be Thursday-Monday approximately 07:30am-4:00pm. There may be some flexibility with the hours.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage transportation process for plants/mills and primary distribution centers
Build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, teammates, and carriers
- Utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through optimization processes
- Understand market trends to assist in negotiation of spot quote process
- Manage carrier trailer pools and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Analyze data to identify trends and determine solutions for improved service and/or cost
- Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem solving skills to resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
- Understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Increase efficiencies through creativity, experimentation and ideation
- Monitor emails of customers and carriers
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations related role
Previous experience dispatching or planning in the Transportation/Logistics industry
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics or related field
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf